Wednesday, May 28, 2014

2 Yr Seanniversary

This week marks 2 years of living in the Seattle area! I'm feeling sentimental about that, so why not pay tribute to this beautiful area where we live??

Let me be clear... this was not "love at first sight". My relationship with the area kind of started out as a friendship... but oh my goodness. You have stolen my heart! I'm not sure when it happened... probably not in June (aka still freezing cold and rainy June-uary) but perhaps more like August. Long story short, I adore living here. The rainfall is less than I pictured, the sunshine occurs more frequently...and it really is so green. And everything is so fresh! The air, the food, etc. People always ask me if it gets depressing and honestly, for me, it doesn't.

Growing up I never pictured myself in the Pacific Northwest... but it has been great for me in so many ways. I care more about the environment-- because the earth here is insanely gorgeous. (Have you been here? You should visit us.) I care more about what foods I'm putting into my body, and whether or not I am exercising to take care of said body. (Well, I am trying...it's a work in progress :) ). I have a greater appreciation for different cultures and religious backgrounds. Basically I think I have been changed for the better (Wicked anyone?), if not in the tiniest of ways. No city is perfect, but Issaquah has been a great match for us.

So Seattle, (more specifically charming Issaquah), here's to you. Sit back, relax, and enjoy more pictures of my town than you ever cared to see.

Disclaimer: Don't worry. I haven't lost my roots. I still LOVE steak and all things BBQ.


Pike Place Gum Wall



snowshoeing expeditions
Snoqualmie Falls

Mercer Slough

my favorite- picking raspberries!

Alki Beach

Mercer Island

Poo Poo Point (not kidding)


Space Needle

Bainbridge Island

Seattle LDS Temple


But really, I could probably move to the middle-of-nowhere Antarctica with this boy and still be the happiest.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog. We, too, love Seattle. And most of all, we love you and Paul!

    ReplyDelete