Wednesday, September 6, 2017

"Rodeo Drive" a la Asia & Hannam

There are so many unique neighborhoods in Seoul to explore! This area just south of the Han River is called Apgujeong Rodeo...yes, named after Rodeo Drive in SoCal. It has that feel to it, too. Very ritzy and tons of high end shopping (so right up my alley HA!)...but apparently the new and trendier area is actually nearby in Sinsa. Now you know. Regardless, it was the perfect place to visit on a bright and sunny day. 

In the bottom of the Galleria (pictured left) there's an incredible food court. I just walked around in amazement at all of the food-art. It was all too pretty to eat. GO LOOK! 


Also along Apgujeong Rodeo is #KSTARROAD! This is a road dedicated to K POP stars, with larger than life statues/icons/billboards. I want to see the rest sometime! Side note: K Pop is SO CATCHY! Although it kind of reminds me of the EFY Soundtracks...and I can't understand a word they are saying. Girls Generation is really big right now, according to the older man on the subway. OK back to the pics.




The final two pictures are from Hannam, just north of the Han River. (In fact, as I'm typing this, that might be the literal translation...anyone want to confirm that for me?  haha) 

I spent an afternoon at one of the Kids Cafes (Lilliput Kids Cafe) so famous to Korea. They had lots for the littles to do while adults can sit and chat. It's a cool concept, and I appreciate that someone realized babies may not want to sit bored in a high chair while you talk and eat for way too long. So the babes can explore and be entertained within eyesight. 



Parker in his first ball pit. (I'm sure second children get all of these "important" "firsts" documented religiously too, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment